Tax Preparer / Tax Administrative Assistant
- Kraft Berger LLP is a mid size firm in Markham, Ontario with 9 partners and 45 professional staff.
- The firm has a strong focus in tax.
- Our tax department has the following dedicated to tax
- 3 partners dedicated to tax
- 3 managers
- 3 staff members.
Kraft Berger Professionals Are…
- Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other.
- A Kraft Berger professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
- As part of the tax team, the Tax Preparer / Tax Administrative Assistant will provide support for the tax group
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the partners, managers and tax team;
- Preparation of T4/T5 forms
- Preparation of Personal Tax Returns
- Preparation and review of correspondence to clients and tax authorities. This includes letters, memos and simple tax documents;
- Assistance in preparing presentation materials;
- Communication with Canada Revenue Agency and other tax authorities regarding client queries or status updates;
- Assistance with the tax group’s document management system; and
- Maintain database for tracking various filing deadlines.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education (university degree or college diploma);
- Related work experience is preferred;
- Previous experience in preparing personally tax returns is a great asset;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the willingness to learn tax software and Caseware document management system;
- Strong attention to detail, including proofreading, suggesting alternatives and making modifications;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Time management skills;
- Effective communication (verbal and written) in English. Skills in French is an asset; and
Available to work overtime during the busy tax season.
Job Type: Full-time. Contact to cover a maternity leave. Possible permanent position will be considered.
Contract length: 5 months
Expected start date: 2021-04-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
We have created barriers at the office to keep the staff separated. We have brought in other safety measures to reduce the workforce at the office and avoid clients meeting at the office.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Updates on Industry News
Copyright 2020. Kraft Berger LLP. All Rights Reserved. Website designed by Trek-it Marketing Group.